Re: Coincidence?

John said:

>The more I ponder it, I just don't think Gould would have been
>very attracted to Monk.  Not too much contrapuntal interest there <snip>

Sadly, I think this is probably the case. I guess we just have to
accept--however difficult this might be--that GG and TM inhabited different
worlds. And yet, there's a sneaky voice somewhere saying, "But that just
can't be true"....

Regards,  Alun

ALUN SEVERN            snailmail:  1 Chestnut Rd, Oldbury B68 0AX England
                       tel:                          + 44 (0)121 422 9509
                       email:                      alun@ukiah.demon.co.uk
who....hollow-eyed and high sat
       up smoking in the supernatural darkness of
       cold-water flats floating across the the tops of cities
       contemplating jazz...            - i.m Allen Ginsberg, 1926 - 1997