Re: GG: All That Humming Stuff

From: Elmer Elevator <bobmer@javanet.com>
To: <f_minor-og@email.rutgers.edu>
Sent: Monday, August 30, 1999 11:55 AM
Subject: Re: GG: All That Humming Stuff

> I can't wait for the future! Can I also get ...
>
> *  Mamet plays and movies without the f-word

I did hear an interview on the electronic wallpaper -- whoops, I mean
on the radio -- where someone was trying to market a gadget that uses
the delay to remove undesirable words and phrases from television
shows. You tell it what objectionable phrases to remove, and it
removes them.

I wanted to call him and ask, "Can we get one that rewrites the bad
sitcoms and gives them intelligent dialogue?"

To keep this on topic...

My Glenn Gould poster came in today!!! I love it. Even my coworker was
impressed when I unfurled it -- she thought he looked more photogenic
than in the other pictures she'd seen on the CDs I play at work.
(Also, I have the famous "bench" picture as my wallpaper at work --
great picture, but the impression you get is of a man retreating as
far as possible from the camera without falling off the bench.) Too
bad I have to wait until my father comes back from vacation before I
can get a frame made for it. (Should I ask for battleship gray,
midnight blue, or just plain black?)