Re: GG: Anniversary celebration in Ottawa

Kristen,

   Things are liable to get touchy on our northern border with the
passage last year of a new immigration law requiring (!) visas from all
foreigners entering the U.S. That includes Canadians, although they are
now exempt. The INS doesn't want to allow exceptions, and is setting up
a test project in upstate NY. Stinks, eh?
   Coincidently, my mother is at this moment heading North on a AAA tour
to Ottawa (!), blissfully unaware of anything GG happening there. I
wanna go too.

David