GG: Anniversary celebration in Ottawa

Well, following up on my own note about the GG birthday celebration in
Ottawa next week, I spoke with Rob MacAlear, a very nice fellow at the
National Arts Centre about the program.  Highlights:

- at 5pm on the 24th there will a reception launching Bazzana's new
  book.  There will be 30 or so copies of the book there for sale,
  brought over from the UK.  It's not getting published in Canada, at
  least, until next month.
- In the lobby of the NAC there will be the Hunstein Variations and
  various memorabilia mostly regarding the concert the next night.
- At 7pm there will be a web chat with Steve Posen, Ray Roberts, and
  Timothy Maloney.  I suppose www.glenngould.com has more on that.
- From 7:30 to midnight they will be screening various of Bruno's films
  -- Les Chemins des Musique from 1974, four films (The Retirement, The
  Alchemist, Glenn Gould 1974, and Partita #6).  This is what I'm going
  for.  They will be followed by the Goldbergs and Art of Fugue
  films that were released on video (probably won't stay up till
  midnight to watch them :-).
- All the above is free.

On the 25th at 7:30 is a concert chosen according to various musings of
GG's about a ``dream program'':
- 1st scene of Capriccio by Straus
- Beethoven 4th piano concerto
- Schoenberg symphony #1