Re: GG: Cloning the chair.

>> Rather than cloning a fullsize chair -- one that might be
>>mistaken for a chair rather than the fetishistic object it undoubtedly is
>>-- why not clone a....tiny chair?
>
>Now THAT is a hell of an idea!  [...] So... to whom do we turn for the kits?
>Regards, Kristen

Well, Kristen, if we were serious, and if someone was going to put time
into it, I guess we would

- find a manufacturer of miniature reproductions by visiting museum/gallery
stores who sell miniatures and finding out where and by who they are made;

- then we would contact the Production Manager/Sales Manager, or whoever,
and ask them to quote on a run of GG repros -- say, for the sake of
arguement, 100; they would probably be able to tell us if this was likely
to produce a viable unit price for us; we might also investigate with that
manufacturer whether they thought such a product could have a wider sale
than the f_minor list....

- or we could contact, say, the GG Foundation or some other notable Toronto
institution and say why don't they commission such a product for sale as a
fundraiser (we could probably guarantee at least a proportion of sales on
this List);

- or we could even approach Sony and (OK, some of you will be appalled
here) ask if they would contribute sponsorship to such a project -- imagine
a tiny Sony GG Edition symbol stamped on the thing somewhere...

Please note: these are *ideas* NOT offers...   :-)

- Alun

                    o  Home                        1 Chestnut Rd  Oldbury
                                              W.Midlands  B68 0AX England
A L U N  S E V E R N                                   tel: 0121 422 9509
                                            email: alun@ukiah.demon.co.uk
                    o  Work         tel 0121 643 4343 + fax 0121 643 0661
"Solitude is the prerequisite for ecstatic experience..."   - Glenn Gould