Re: GG: GG as vocalist

Tim conjectured extravagantly:

>Perhaps, to Gould, the sound produced when playing the piano was a
>secondary result. Perhaps the primary objective was to reproduce an
>interaction between hands and keyboard.

I differ. I think for GG it was interaction (as he has more or less said)
between keyboard and *mind*. What he sang -- no matter what it actually
sounded like -- was the musicin his mind, the ideal music, that which could
never be realised. I think.

- Alun

                    o  Home                        1 Chestnut Rd  Oldbury
                                              W.Midlands  B68 0AX England
A L U N  S E V E R N                                   tel: 0121 422 9509
                                            email: alun@ukiah.demon.co.uk
                    o  Work         tel 0121 643 4343 + fax 0121 643 0661
"Solitude is the prerequisite for ecstatic experience..."   - Glenn Gould