Re: CS6: Antiracism and Schubert at 200

Frank, in all seriousness, your post might be a very interesting comment on
a highly sensitive social issue, but despite your committment to this
topic, I feel it is definitely misplaced on this server and I cannot
condone your use of a "bait" post to gather listserver responses as
material for a mass-posted newsletter. At best, to tailor an incendiary
bait post taints the value of the empirical data used in your argument, and
at worst it violates the amiable trust of the list recipients. As much as I
respect your opinion on this topic of antiracism, I resent having it
foisted upon me in this particular forum.
        I admit that I did not plow enrapt through your "call and response"
style of newsletter, I found it somewhat tedious (sort of like missing out
on a performance and having it related to you by a well-meaning friend,)
but I really think that you might find a more satisfying (and
participatory) audience on a more relevant newsgroup. As much as I can
relate to the experiment you conducted, I cannot help but feel that in this
environment it was in vain.
        Please do not take offense, I mean no disrespect and have tried to
speak up for myself in a courteous and non-provocational manner. I agree
with you that it is our responsibility to think clearly and impose a
constant process of self-evaluation, and after thinking long and hard about
the topic, I would like to see an end to this thread. F_Minor is not the
list I turn to to engage in socio-political discourse, and while I firmly
believe that no self-respecting site should allow itself to be vacant,
neither should every site feel obligated to embrace issues that were not
germane at the time of the site's creation.
Regards,
Kristen

Elyse Mach: "But do you think that if Beethoven came back to life he'd go
along with these notions of motif and tempo?"
Glenn Gould: "I don't really know, nor do I very much care..."