Re: CS6: Antiracism and Schubert at 200

Kristen,
I agree with you completely and want this thread to terminate. But I was
attacked on f_minor, as well as elsewhere, and I felt obligated to let my
critics know that I was not evading them. But there were some useful
replies, too. They came from other lists and UseNet groups, to which I had
posted separately. I decided to share these responses with f_minor by
posting a joint reply. Perhaps I should have prepared a separate reply to
f_minor and to each of the other groups, but you can imagine how much
extra time, beyond what I put in, this would have taken.

I'll make up for wasting some of your time and that of others, though. I'm
working on a little discography called _The Acoustic Gould_, which will
list the works Gould recorded or broadcast that were recorded on 78 rpm
acoustic discs (i.e., before the use of electric microphones). I'll put up
a first version. There are several other recordings, mostly single sides
of 78 rpm discs of Bach, that I know about, more yet that I could find my
searching my reference sources, and still others I won't be able to find.

The real suprise is the Grieg sonata.

Frank