[F_minor] Beethoven Bagatelle #3

Subject: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOpA18uqziQ

This is GG playing Beethoven - Bagatelle No.3 Op.126.  I own a copy of
this but caught it today on You Tube.  I was reminded of a passage in
Kings [19:12] when God speaks to the Prophet Elijah in a quiet still
voice, a whisper.  When I listen to GG play this piece, I feel that he
has articulated the stillness that Beethoven had found within his own
heart as he humbled his soul before God.  That is the impression it
leaves with me.  GG has drawn us into the quiet waiting room just
outside of God's room, so to speak.

I tend to feel that GG's playing of the Beethoven miniature pieces
excels over the sonatas.  It struck me today that the miniature pieces,
like the Bagatelles are like individual paintings that when heard one
after the other as the Opus is meant to be heard, they take on the
aspect of a kaleidoscope.  The effect, for me, is utterly sublime and is
on par with his last string quartets.

Fred Houpt

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations.
Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.
If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent.
Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite.
Si vous recevez ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.