[F_minor] Bach G minor Concerto

It has always seen to me that Gould's performance with Golschmann of the Bach G minor Concerto constitutes one of his greatest recordings. The elaborations in the slow movement are among the more remarkable aspects.

A couple of years of ago I worked out something like the "Gould edition" and performed it in concert at the Brevard Music Center in North Carolina, USA. I found a recording of that performance and put some mp3s online:

Perhaps some might be interested in hearing (most of) those amazing extra notes in a different context. The string players were high school students, incidentally, and this summer we're doing a the C major triple concerto (a work as great as the solo concertos but played even less frequently).

F_minor mailing list