Re: [F_minor] GG tourist sites in Toronto?

Brad Lehman wrote:

No; the trouble is that this whole series
http://www.naxos.com/mainsite/NaxosCat/naxos_cat.asp?item_code=8.110306#
is NOT AVAILABLE for sale in the US. Consequently, they aren't offered by Amazon.com or by Amazon.ca, and normal import channels won't yield them either. It's not just about being rare.

I love the fact that although something is illegal/not quite right in the US, it means that we Canadians can not order something that we are legally allowed to. I have just had this problem with Micheal Finnissy's Gershwin arrangements. Although they are not for sale in the US dues to some problem or another, they are legal here. The local music show would not bring the music in, as it wasn't for sale in the US, and that means to them that it is not for sale here (They also have a photocopy (!) of US copyright law to inform customers about what they can and can't do. The fact that the law is completely different here doesn't seem to bother them).

I haven't heard of this problem with recordings pre-1972 before. Can someone enlighten me?