From: Chester Singh [mailto:k_dawg71@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 10:09 AM
To: pwiener@ms.cc.sunysb.edu; bpl@umich.edu; Houpt, Fred;
f_minor@email.rutgers.edu
Subject: something interesting, and a question

A strange thing happened to me the other day, in that I discovered something
interesting. I mentioned Glenn Gould in front of my father, and he said that
back in the seventies, he had known Glenn GOuld quite well. My father is an
artist, and claimed that his studio was very close to Glenn Gould's and they
would meet often. This went on for about seven years, from 1970 to 1977.
Something else is that my father says that every artist who had a studio in
the area went to that diner (whose name I have forgotten), and each had
their own particular booth that they occupied every time they ate there.
Even more; my father actually heard the Toccata and Fugue in D minor (not
Dorian) being played by Glenn Gould on an organ, as well as many other
pieces of music.

Now to the qustion. Whatever I have read about Glenn Gould claims that
towards the end of his life, he became recluse and stopped meeting people,
limiting their conversations to telephones. Well, wasn't 1977 pretty close
to his death, and that year my father claims he met him at least 20 times. I
do not understand.
Chester Singh

MSN® Calendar keeps you organized and takes the effort out of scheduling
get-togethers.
first two months FREE*.

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations.
Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.
If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent.
Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite.
Si vous recevez ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.