RE: [F_minor] GG tourist sites in Toronto?

Hi all.  I have not seen my posts of last week or even today.  So, pardon me if I repeat myself......but first a response to the posts today.

I'll repeat a story for those who have not heard this.  Many years ago and I do mean many, I sold pianos downtown at the Eaton Centre, for Eatons.  Anyway, I met their own piano tuner, an old guy named Erik.  He and I got to know each other well and we've been friends ever since.  Gosh, he must be about in his middle 80's now.  He told me that he used to tune Glenn's piano when Glenn recorded in the old Eaton's auditorium in downtown Toronto.  He tuned his piano for several recording sessions, which as you all know started late at night and went all night, often till the break of dawn.  My friend always said how nice Glenn was and how wonderful it was to listen to the playing.

Glenn's Yamaha concert grand I do believe is on display at Roy Thompson Hall (I think???).  There is Glenn Gould Theatre at the new CBC building on Front Street.  There is a huge life-sized bronze statue of Glenn, sitting in a typically frumpy position, with frock coat, hat and mitts on.  His statue literally has him sitting on a park bench and again this is on Front Street East, outside the CBC building.

Other than that, a trip to HMV music store, just down the street from Sam the Record Man (whose store is still there) will afford the keen eye some very good bargains on a huge classical music selection.

Enjoy the city with the coming on of warmer weather.

Kind regards,

Fred Houpt

P.S.  have enjoyed a recent purchase of Gould playing late Haydn sonatas and the Unknown Gould volume 8.  Both superb recordings.
[snip]

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations.
Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.
If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent.
Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite.
Si vous recevez ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.