Re: [F_minor] GG tourist sites in Toronto?

A month ago I asked:
Anybody have a short list of the essential GG things to see/visit in Toronto? (Up to date, not the old "Glenn Gould's Toronto" film...)

Thanks again to those who responded. We had a great time in the city, and saw as many of those sites as seemed reasonably feasible (while getting around with only subway and buses).

Also as feared, I left too much money in the till of Sam the Record Man, and several other shops! :)

At a couple of places I saw a new commemorative edition of GG's 1955 Goldbergs: a deluxe set with extra thick booklet, outtakes, etc etc, enough that they could justify charging about $45 CDN for it. It looked like maybe a Canada-only issue. I didn't buy it, already having multiple copies of this recording....that seemed like too much to pay for just a few new bonus features.

The CBC's gift shop didn't have any new GG archive issues either, but they did have a nice rack of other productions of theirs, going for $5 per disc in what looked like an overstock sale. I picked up some of those, by other fine Canadian musicians. Here's the web version of their boutique:
http://www.cbcshop.ca/CBC/shopping/home.aspx?CatalogName=CBCBase&lang=en-CA

The "Glenn Gould Gathering" is still carved into Glenn's outdoor bench.

What year did Eaton's turn into a big Sears?

Brad Lehman