[F_minor] OTish: GG Studio Question

We all know that references to Glenn Gould show up in the strangest places. Apparently, so does the Glenn Gould Studio. I was looking at the liner notes of the soundtrack for the _Capote_ movie (trying to find out where they got the excerpts of Capote reading from "In Cold Blood.") And that's when I found out that the soundtrack itself was "Recorded at the Glenn Gould Theatre, CBC Toronto." Well I wasn't expecting that!

Does anyone know if there are many other recordings made there? It's a small studio. Then again, it's a very subtle soundtrack, with only a piano used. There were probably more people in the recording booth than on the stage. (I wonder if the people in the recording booth talked about coffee while the recording was being made? <g>) For what it's worth, the movie was distributed by Sony Classics, so I wonder if they had a hand in the choice. Or maybe this was a budgetary decision.

Hmm. To make a true tribute to Glenn Gould, they should have put the studio in a department store after every one has gone home, and once in a while, have would-be shoplifters show up in the empty auditorim....

------
Anne M. Marble
My Column: http://www.writing-world.com/columns/romance/current.shtml
Forward Motion Writing Site: http://fmwriters.com