Re: [F_minor] "Glenn Gould: Extasis" and Another DVD Question

    Has anyone seen this movie?

I thought Extasis was worst of the three (though I agree with the other
comment that none of them were nearly as good as they could/should have
been).  I found it excruciating to sit through, though I did make it to
the end ... It was mostly people pompously expounding in the most bogus
way on how "important" GG was, as I recall.  Sorry to say, but I found
it really dreadful.

A documentary I did enjoy was Bruno M's film on Yehudi Menuhin (violin
of the century).  Like GG, I am not much for the romantic period, but
there was enough Bach to satisfy :).  GG makes an appearance, too.

Totally off topic for GG, but on the subject of music documentaries, I
thought "24 preludes for a fugue" on Arvo Part was most excellent.

Happy viewing and listening,