Re: A Sexy State of Wonder?

Hi List,

Well, if you think the 55s are sexy, then you have to listen to Salzburg
recital!  There's Gould at his sexiest!  ;-)  well, maybe the Brahms
Intermezzi are even sexier. And don't forget the Schoenberg or Byrd/Gibbons.

And then there's Ingrid Matthews playing the Bach Sonatas and Partitas for
violin.  Or Hopkinson Smith playing just about anything.  And Blandine
Verlet playing L. Couperin.  And Gieseking's Debussy.

But seriously, as a friend and I were just talking about, we suspect this
'sexy' term is coming up when people hear recordings that sound especially
personal or communicative or have to do with what you could call intimacy.
And not to mention intelligent.  There's nothing quite so sexy, is it, as a
meeting of minds, especially when it concerns something so physical and
emotional as music.

Jim