A Sexy State of Wonder?

Hello Friends

In the Grammy award nominated(!) sleeve notes to 'A State of Wonder'I
noticed the word 'sexy' was used to describe Glenn Gould's playing of Bach's
Golberg Variations in 1955. Could anyone enlighten me as to how this playing
is 'sexy.'
Now I've been playing the piano longer than I've been having sex but I've
never really seen the comparison. I could relate to the word 'passionate'
maybe but I fail to see anything 'sexy' about it.
It was for this reason that I decided against buying this set as I obviously
possess these performances already. Re-packaging them yet again did not make
me part with my cash.
Another sellind point was the 'new anologue' recording of the 'old digital'
sound of the 1981 performance. What the hell is that? GG was delighted with
the 'new' digital process wasn't he? Would he approve of an analogue issue
20 years down the line? Does anyone think it an improvement?

Baffled

Peter Lyon

London, England

_________________________________________________________________ STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail