Re: A Sexy State of Wonder?

Hello Peter,

Another sellind point was the 'new anologue' recording of the 'old digital' sound of the 1981 performance. What the hell is that? GG was delighted with the 'new' digital process wasn't he? Would he approve of an analogue issue 20 years down the line? Does anyone think it an improvement?

I believe there's a bit of controversy concerning this issue. Some seem to prefer the analogue, in my opinion less bass clear, version. I wonder how many have done a proper blind-fold test, comparing the two version at the same sound level.

All in all, as I wrote in a previous message, the difference isn't that
dramatic. At least not in the way Sony would like us to believe. Also,
why didn't they include any outtakes from the 1981 version???

Regards,
Jorgen