Re: A Sexy State of Wonder?

    Another sellind point was the 'new anologue' recording of the 'old digital'
    sound of the 1981 performance. What the hell is that?

In 1981, digital technology was relatively new, while analog technology
had been refined to a fare-thee-well.  So they recorded the Goldberg
sessions with both digital and analog.

    GG was delighted with the 'new' digital process wasn't he?

I suspect this was more of a theoretical point with him.  If he ever did a
side-by-side comparison of the two recordings, it was never mentioned in
anything I've read.

    Would he approve of an analogue issue 20 years down the line?

I think (hope) he would care more about the final sound than the
technical process.  But with GG, you never know.

    Does anyone think it an improvement?

Bradley does :) (previous f_minor posting).  Some other people have
remarked on it, and of course Sony loves to market it.  My own ears
aren't good enough to hear much difference.

I bought the record mainly for the third disc, with the Tim Page
interview and 55 outtakes.  I liked the interview a lot; it is great to
hear GG's voice again, like an old friend come back.

Best,
karl