Gould WTC sound quality

        Hi!

        Some time ago I bought the CBS CD's collection (3 CD's) of Gould
WTC and english suites. Recently I have bought the Sony French suites
CD's, which also contains the French style oberture. The french style
oberture were also present in the CBS english suites album, so I have
compared the sound quality beetwen this two sets. The sound quality of
Sony set is better in some aspects, but bad in others, specially in high
frequencies definition (the Sony SBM system is good in some way but it has
a sound which becomes annoying after some time listening to it).

        My question is: Has the Sony set of Gould's WTC a better sound
quality that the CBS set? (I would even accept the annoying SBM sound).

        If it is true, I would buy the Sony set, since the CBS set is the
worst Gould recording I have (even worst than the 54 Goldberg Variations).

Regards,

Xavier