GG recordings

Thanks everyone who responded to my question about the GG recordings in Canada.  I had a great evening listening to the recordings on the cbcrecords.ca site and will probably order the "Beethoven Bagatelles, Sonatas & Trios" first.  Like Michael says the sound is a bit shaky but for historical reasons and to listen to GGs  youthful exuberance  these recordings are a must.

I took Karls advise and looked up the articles that Bradley has written on the subject of the Goldberg Variations.  Bradley always has some interesting information to pass on about just about anything dealing with music it seems.

I agree, Sony does try to put the GG recordings together in a way to insure the most money for Sony.
While I'm asking has anyone got anything to say about the two Mozart recordings with the beautiful watercolor picture covers?  I saw them on amazon.  The covers are so different from the usual GG Sony CD covers.  Was it a special release?  I still haven't gotten the Mozart with GG and think maybe these are what I want especially #2.

Thanks again for the information.  This list is great for a beginning collector like myself.

Fred

Fred Stubbings
velfred@earthlink.net
Run virus scan weekly