Musical Offering

 I didn't clarify what I meant by gray. When I said gray, I was referring to
the Gould video "An Art of the Fugue", in which he not only calls that fugue
"gray", but also elaborates for several minutes on what he means (it has
nothing to do with synesthia, nor with monotony or dullness). He talks about
harmony and chromaticism, and compares the harmony of that unfinished fugue
("an infinitely expanding universe") to the harmony of two other fugues
("clear cut modulations").