Musical Offering

 That thing is unbelievable, that 6-part ricercar. I wonder if Gould would
have called it "gray", like he called the last fugue from the art of. I'm
trying to compare the two pieces in my mind, but I'm not succeeding. At
first I thought they might be similar, but I guess they are utterly
different after all.
Imagine a Gould video on the Musical Offering, that would be so natural. It
would start with Gould playing the 3-part ricercar, then move on to musical
discussions with Bruno Monsaingeon, and end with Gould playing the 6-part
ricercar. Wow! Maybe he would have done something like that in his 57th year
or so?