Re: GG: Humming - Pirated CD Proposal

	It occurs to me that if the technology to remove Gould's humming IS
available, as annette_rudel wrote me from Sony, it might be possible to
do this in a private sound studio using Gould CDs as the source.  Here's
a proposal:  If a large number of Gould CDs with the humming removed
were produced and distributed by a renegade studio, and Sony were
informed that such discs were being bought and sold, that might
encourage them to produce legitmate versions; at the very least, the
anti-hummers could be satisfied with their pirated CDs.  Would any of
you be interested?  I will contact some studios in town with this
proposal; if it turns out to be a fairly simple digital process, perhaps
I can start selling the CDs by subscription.  Please signify your
interest.

Bardolph