GG: Bill Evans (was: Scriabin och Jazz)

Dear Loco and all:

>Swedish TV aired a documentary of Bill Evans last night. In it they said
>that Glenn Gould once named Bill Evans "the Scriabin of Jazz".

A few days ago, I received a purcel of CD's I ordered at an on-line CD shop
including Anna Russell, Mitch Miller, F&T, and Bill Evans.

I bought Bill Evans' album *Symbiosis*, because a friend of mine (MJ)
told me GG had admired the album.
In fact, on a CBC radio program of "August Arts National" series,
dated August  26, 1977, GG played *Symbiosis*.

There is a piece of attached on the package of
the disc (Verve 314 523 381-2) saying:

  Bill Evans Symbiosis
  ". . . what tremendous impression it has made
   upon me.  Symbiosis is very much kind of
   music.  I have been listeing [to it] almost
   obsessively. . . . [It has] had a particular influence
   upon me over the years."
   ---Legendary classical-pianist Glenn Gould.

   This 1974 recording found the great pianist Bill
   Evans in the studio with an orchestra arranged
   and conducted (and featureing compositions) by
   Claus Ogerman--now reissued on CD for the
   first time.

The comment might be from the CBC program,
and so might be the one "Scriabin of Jazz".

Will anyone provide more info?

Regards,

Junichi

  Junichi Miyazawa, Tokyo