La Valse

Can someone tell me where and when GG's superhuman (that's all I can
call it) performance of the piano transcription of Ravel's La Valse on
the Nuova Era label took place.  The liner notes say it was not
"originally intended to be published on gramophone...."  I think the
recording was from a CBC radio broadcast but I'm not sure.  Also do you
know who wrote the transcription?
For those not familiar with the disc, it contains (in horrid sound, but
who cares?) The Strauss Burlesque with Golschmann and the Toronto
Symphony, a piano transcription from Electra, some Schoenberg, Chopin!
and Krenek. The dates listed are 1960/62/67.
I've had the disc since was released in 1989 and have  wondered about it
since.