[Fwd: Re: GG listeners]

Neil wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 20:18:42 -0800 (PST), you wrote:
>

> >I think the comparison is unfair because of this reason: Helfgott's
> >playing is not good. Gould's is.
>
> Unfair !!!! its ludicrious. We're talking about a lunatic who can bash out the
> raindrop prelude (almost) compared to one of the most influential and awed
> artists of the century.
> --------------------------------
> _?_ (at home)    ICQ# - 11875525
I cannot disagree with your assessment of GG's place in history, but are
you entirely certain that Helfgott's diagnosis was indeed "lunatic"?
Perhaps he belonged/belongs in a "looney bin" as well?
You may make valid points regarding GG's work here, but why should any
civilized late-20th century sophisticate on this List, regard your views
seriously, when you publically display such an astounding ignorance of
mental illness?
Sorry that this comment is a little off topic, fellow f_minors - it just
really enrages me when respect takes a back door to ignorance on this
List. Apologies for any offense.
- Stephen Rieck  <circular@obs.empath.on.ca>