Re: GG: Is it worth reading ?

Hello fellow f-minors:

Would anyone know (speaking of the Peter Ostwald book) if copies of doctor's
reports of the physicians that Glenn Gould consulted during his adult  life
would be in the archives or would doctor/client priviledge prevent that?   It
would be interesting to see if there is a similarity in Gould's behavior with
his doctors, i.e. not telling them all the medicines he was taking, et cetra.
Stay well.

Daniel Vaiser

K. Berry wrote:

> Stegemann? Walter? I haven't heard of those or seen them in bibliographies.
>
>     Is it worth reading ? Can it keep up with other books (Bazana, Walter
>     etc) or is it just a boring warm-up of GG's (medical) history ?
>
> For me, the best part of Ostwald's book was his descriptions of meeting
> and especially playing with GG.  Unfortunately all too brief.  There is
> quite a bit of `analysis' of GG, which I didn't get much out of.  The
> rehash of GG's biography from a psychological perspective was ok.
>
> So, while I wouldn't call it wonderful and exciting and providing tons
> of startling insights, if you've read everything else, I'd think you may
> as well read that too for the sake of the fun bits if nothing else.
>
> Best wishes,

begin:          vcard
fn:             Daniel Vaiser
n:              Vaiser;Daniel
org:            Dallas Jewish Historical Society
adr:            7826 Meadow Park Dr.;;No. 103;Dallas;Texas;75230;USA
email;internet: vaiser@airmail.net
title:          Archivist
tel;work:       (214) 739-2737, ext. 261
tel;home:       (214)  373-0104
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1