Re: GG: Is it worth reading ?

    copies of doctor's reports of the physicians that Glenn Gould
    consulted during his adult life would be in the archives or would
    doctor/client priviledge prevent that?

In Friedrich's books he states that many medical reports are in the
archives (the ones that GG received, I assume, as opposed to the ones
from the doctors' offices), but that access to them is ``restricted'',
meaning you have to get permisson from the estate.  He also says he
knows of no real reason for them to be restricted.  He didn't find
anything startling in them, `just the fact that GG had many real
medical problems'.  (paraphrase)

I think Ostwald looked at the papers, too, but I don't remember anything
specific he said about them.  He did talk about the drugs some, and he
talked with those of GG's doctors who were still alive (up to the limits
of dr/patient privilege).  GG did not tell all his doctors everything he
was taking, as you suggest.  He kept them compartmentalized like most
everything else in his life.