Re: GG:Intro/Silver Jubilee Album

Yeah Pat!,

Glad to have you participating amongst us!

I would like to ask, if you are able to express what it was in the 2nd GG recording of the Goldbergs that so influenced your interest in music?
Most of us (even the most jaundiced among us, like me) have had a special reaction to that recording. There are many recordings of that everlasting work, but one never hears much about others that so affect the modern mind!

What is it that Gould does mostly, so enigmatically - that snags a new seeker?

Or is it Bach? and his continuous search for that small kernel of Music!, long before Beethoven's very human odyssey of striving for the right short motif to develop, in (almost) perfect symmetry! Oh glorious artifice! What a players game! and they two B. and B. are the best!!!

Welcome again Pat,
Jerry