Re: GG: CBC Recordings

On Sun, 28 Jun 1998, Harold Sinclair wrote about the 1954 CBC Goldberg
Variations:

> Your comments on the recording make me want to hear it. List comments
> apprecitated!

Last September I did an A/B/C/D comparison of all four of the GG Goldberg
recordings, and posted my resultant opinions about them to the list.  This
was after there had already been some discussion beginning Sept 4th...see
http://www.tug.org/mail-archives/f_minor/mail4.html .  My comparison was
on the 11th (http://www.tug.org/mail-archives/f_minor/msg02566.html), and
then for the next month or so there was a lively debate about the nature
of criticism.

Bradley Lehman ~ Harrisonburg VA, USA ~ 38.45716N+78.94565W
bpl@umich.edu ~ http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music
and cats." - Albert Schweitzer