Re: GG Chopin

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998 22:51:40 -0500 (EST), you wrote :

> Also, I was considering buying the GG plays Chopin until I read the
>Ostwald book, where he says it is an abomination, or something like that.
>Has anyone heard it? What's it like??

There are many people who hate GG's Chopin 3rd. Personally I have no problems
with it at all, though undoubtedly its in a world of its own compared to say the
Russian school of Chopin interpretation.

The good news is that GG was quite fond of the work and he didn;t set out to
destroy is a l'appasionata or Mozart !

The couplings on the CD are the sublime Scriabin 5 (always for me one of GG's
great successes) and Prokofiev 7. The Scriabin 3rd is not a great success.

Neil