Re: Launching a fresh G.G. web site

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998 19:17:56 -0500, you wrote :

>The Gould Foundation is about to launch its own web site, focusing on
>its work and activities (the Friends organisation, the G.G. Prize, the
>coming international Gathering in September'99, for instance) and I
>wonder if you have any ideas or recommendations about what we should,
>and should not, be doing.   Our site should, of course, have a different
>approach from the G.G. sites of Sony Classical, CBC Records/Gould
>Studio, National Library of Canada, etc. since each of our mandates is
>different.  Since many of you alrealdy know the Foundation and/or are
>members of the Friends society, we'd welcome your ideas about how we can
>make the new site attractive and appealing to introduce more people to
>Glenn and his music. All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks. John
>Miller, Toronto.

Hi John

No specific ideas at the moment but count me in as someone willing to help -- I
do it for a living too !

Suggest a first good step is do define the goals of the site (maybe brainstorm
it) the from that your structure will flow.

 Maybe we could do an on-line brainstorming to think of everything the site may
be useful for. I could set you up a mailing list for this if that would help ?

After that then collate all the ideas, and you have a good idea of the content,
functionality and navigation you should implement.

Once you defined that, the visuals/ themes can be put together.

Neil