Re: GG:Goldberg Variations...and Conservatory

Elisha,

Elisha J Tseng wrote:

> P.S. Did GG ever recorded Strauss's Burleske for Piano and Orchestra
> (I
> heard it on the  NLC website)?  This piece seems rare and hardly
> performed--in my search I found only one CD which contains this piece.

Yes - Sony GG Edition Vol 7 - Number 01-052687-10, together with
Vladimir Golschmann and the Torronto Sym. Orchestra. - A wonderful
recording from CBC in 1967, Torronto. In mono, I'm afraid, but very
good, you feel how much GG loved that piece.

By the way, I hope the stream about nazi this and that will soon ebb out
- there are other newsgroups for those things.

Greetings from another GG-er,
Uffe.