RE: GG: Majesty in Mantua

Dear Marco and K. Berry,

Thank you for your guesses for the film "Majesty in Mantua".

K. Berry, thank you for following all the series
programs.  I should have checked the list.

Marco, I enjoyed your explanation on Mantua.

Having received your mails, I received an e-mail
directly from someone else who know the film.
According to the person, the film seems to be about
Monteverdi, who once made his career in Mantua
(1590-1612).  The film, I hear, was directed by
Robins-Landon, the famous musicologist of
old music.

I remember GG mentions Monteverdi in his
Byrd/Gibbons linernotes.  He thought higly of
the composer who was one of the composers
who introduced tonality.

Again, thank you very much.

Regards,

Junichi