A trifle situation...

Dear F-minor members (especially those who are specialized in recording),
I went to the Nat'l Archive GG Website. I frequent there often whenever I
have research paper to type and like to type with music in the backgroud.
 There are clips with duration as long as 20 min.  I liked the Strauss
Burleske for Piano and Orchestra and listened to that one the best of
other clips.  I have assorted pitch, and when I heard it, I recognized it
as c# minor(it begins with e major).  I got interested enough to do
research on the piece, only to discover that it is d minor, not c#!!  I
thought something was wrong with me, so I played the chords on the piano
with the computer stereo blaring, and convincingly enough it sounds like
c# minor.  Then I took my Images CD 1 and played the two part invention
No.1 along with the clip where GG played some sinfonias and one part
contained this piece.(I had suspicion that when GG said e flat, it
sounded like d)  The clip was flat-COMPLETELY.  I had to turn it off
because it sounded uncomfortably dissonant from the CD.  Try it: play the
two pieces at once.
I learned that GG lived around the time when there was still conflict in
standardizing the correct pitch.(Correct me if I'm wrong(;-)  Does the
piano always sounds flat when recorded on an ordinary recording machine?
Or was it GG's piano?(I doubt it, though.)
Regards, Elisha

Strong conviction is capable of destroying any prejudice.  The proof:
Glenn Gould.
--Nathan Perelman

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]