Re: GG: Majesty in Mantua

    Do you know or guess what the program is about?
    What does the title mean?

Hello Junichi,

I looked it up in the various Gould books.  In the NLC catalog it
appears on page 27 as part 2 of the World of Music series, about which
it says:

1968
The World of Music
Introductory commentaries for series
Weekly broadcasts on CBC-TC, February 4-March 3 and March 17, 1968
1. I Solisti di Zagreb
2. Majesty in Mantua
3. The Boston Symphony at Tanglewood
4. New World Symphony
5. Healey Willan/Olivier Messaien
7. The Abduction from the Seraglio

Then I searched for "Majesty in Mantua" and just mantua at
www.yahoo.com, and it seems Mantua is both a town in New Jersey (USA)
and in the province of Lombardo, Italy.

So, given the other titles, I'd guess that the program was about some
``majestic'' orchestra in Italy that Gould heard about, had a recording
of, or something.  I didn't investigate all the Mantua links to see if I
could find more.

I bet the CBC would know for sure, if you have any contacts there.

Hope this helps.