GG: Majesty in Mantua

A question on a GG letter for translation (the Japanese edition).

Letter to Ronald Wilford dated ca. January 1968:

". . . Beginning February 4th [, 1968] and for seven
consecutive Sundays thereafter I'm functioning as
on-camera host and continuity writer for a festival
of music films (mostly foreign) including
'Majesty in Mantua' from  the BBC,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
and the good Dr.von K.'s 'New World.'"

According to the footnotes of the French edition,
the TV program "Majesty in Mantua" was broadcasted
on February 11, 1968.

Do you know or guess what the program is about?
What does the title mean?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Junichi

P.S.  GG mentioned Karajan's "The New World"film
again in the letter to Helen Whitney dated Sept. 3, 1971:

"There are, on the other hand, instances of the successful
adaptation of orchestral music to the camera and, [...] by
far the most impressive of these, to my mind, is the
set of films made with various directors for the Berlin
Philharmonic with Von Karajan.  In the best of these
--I think of the superb Dvorak 'New World' by
[Henri-Georges] Clouzot."

I found the film (1966) available as a lazerdisc from
Deutshe Grammophon (Laser Disc 072 282-1 GCE),
so I bought it.  I enjoyed the film.  It might have
been a "successful adapatation of orchestral music
to the camera" in 1960's, but these days it looks
a rather old-fashioned.

  Junichi Miyazawa, Tokyo
  walkingtune@bigfoot.com / junichi@poetic.com
  http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/3739