GG: Sony web chat

Hi David... love your sig ;-)
    Java-based chat is a fickle thing, and "slow" does not begin to
describe what the experience *could* be like if your computer happens to be
in a finicky mood.

    Here's the best you can do, and though I'm sure you already know this
there may be a few who don't: Restart your machine to clear memory blocks
(if you run a Mac, make sure you turn off any extensions you don't need
before doing the restart.) Allocate to your browser every single drop of
RAM you can spare without negatively impacting the "life support systems"
of your machine. Quit all programs not needed for your internet connection.
Close all unnecessary windows. Join the web chat. Pray profusely.

    My main worry is telemarketers... they call me in droves beginning at
7pm, and my internet setup doesn't seem to recognize the *70 code that
disables my call waiting. As a result, I get disconnected quite frequently.
If I spontaneously disappear in the middle of the chat, you'll know I'm
about to tear a new hole into some unwitting telemarketer.
    Good luck everyone... see you tomorrow!

Regards,
Kristen

"There must be room for mess, for vulgarity. Sometimes, we have to touch
people."

                                  -- Bruce Charlton, writing as Glenn Gould