GG anniversary celebrations

Good-day, all!

Well, a friend of mine managed to convince me to go to the first night of
the celebrations in Ottawa after all. So you won't see me at the chat, but
I'll be there, sort of - oh, you know what I mean!

I promise as much of a report as I can give. I guess no one else is going?
Sigh. I warned my friend, who is driving down with me, that five hours of
films on and by GG might bore him, but he says it's something that makes
me tick and so how bad can it be? I played the '55 Goldbergs for him the
other day and he started asking me all sorts of questions. (I then slipped
in the '81s and he didn't recognise it at first... love doing that to
people:)) I hope he's ready for the slew of answers I'll be firing at him,
and the non-stop chatter I'll have going ont he two-hour drive home after
tonight!

And (fanfare, please) I have *finally* located a thesis advisor, so all
this work I've been doing is not in vain! Full steam ahead on the Glenn-
Gould-as-author project!

Enjoy the chat!

Arin Murphy
Student, Savoyard,
Bookseller, Cellist-By-Night

"It really isn't difficult if you give your whole mind to it."
				-Lady Angela, Act 1
				   Gilbert & Sullivan's `Patience'