Re: GG: Images

> Perhaps, I am imagining things, but it seems to me this has enhanced
> the incidental noises.

Maybe this is true for the Images recording, but IMO *in general* the
SBM offers no audible differences: I compared Sony GG-Ed. version of
the French Suites with the CBS Masterworks version that was released
in the 80s and I really could not hear any difference!

I also compared two versions of the Mozart Sonatas (CBS Masterworks
and Sony GG Edition), and I heard no difference; so I think the SBM
doesn't add anything, nor does it do any harm.

But maybe Sony found some new trick and applied it to the Images CDs.
Has anyone compared the Images recordings with previous releases?

Reinout,
The Netherlands.