Re: GG: Genes & Genius

I haven't posted before, even though I been on f-minor for over a year
now, but this topic is especially interesting to me.  I seem to recall GG
saying somewhere that he was related to Edvard Grieg, and that both of
their families were originally of Scotish descent of the clan McGregor.
However I could be very wrong about this.  This makes it especieally
suprising to hear of the possibility that GG's family name was originally
Gold, and that he may have been of Jewish descent.  This would seem to
contradict the possibility of GG being related to Grieg or of his
ancestors having been McGregors.

Thanks Mary Jo and all those on f-minor for making this such a great list.

						--Jeremy

|               e-mail:  jginsbu@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu                  |
|         http://www.ucls.uchicago.edu/people/96/Jeremy_Ginsburg/          |