Re: Schubert, etc.

At 3:24 PM 2/4/97, Livio Marangon wrote:
>Dear Frank,
>I can't understand why you need to repeat that whatever doesn't belong to
>Western civilizations is shit (and I feel that kind of pride so
>anti-gouldian).
>I wonder how you can think you know "the combined artistic productions of
>all non-Western civilizations". Rather presumptuous! Second-order
>Third-Reich philosophy!

<good lord :-0 snip!>

Whoa-ho-ho! Hold on a minute there... this is a family page, for crying out loud!  Whew!
I think this discussion needs to be taken on over to rec.music.classical before people come to blows! They have people over there who are highly trained in profanity and stealthy insult, and they will be *more* than willing to join in. :-)
Is there a motion to second?

Let a smile be your umbrella and all that jazz,
Kristen

Elyse Mach: "But do you think that if Beethoven came back to life he'd go along with these notions of motif and tempo?"
Glenn Gould: "I don't really know, nor do I very much care..."