Re: [F_minor] GG and Technology

 Anne is totally correct. It is very appropriate to keep reminding people that there was a Glenn Gould once upon a time and that he was a pathfinder artist of the highest order. I often get met with blank stares when I bring his name up to those who are supposedly culturally literate. So, retread or not, it might help spark the next generation of interest in our favourite artist.

-----Original Message-----
From: Anne French <afrench6@cox.net>
To: Brad Lehman <bpl@umich.edu>
Cc: f_minor@email.rutgers.edu
Sent: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 3:24 pm
Subject: Re: [F_minor] GG and Technology

Dear Brad and all,

Of course this article has nothing new to we who are devotees of GG and have
already read and heard everything (except maybe what you just sent!)  But I
think it's important that even this recycled news gets out to the masses who
know nothing about Glenn, have cared nothing about Glenn, and need to get
their curiosity aroused about Glenn.  So it serves a purpose.  I loved
seeing the article in print, but I didn't clip it for precisely the reasons
you state.

Anne