Re: [F_minor] What has f_minor been to you?

I am a newcomer to f-minor, a 60-something year old former Buffalonian
(and then frequent visitor to Toronto, including the 10th anniversary
of GG's death where I ran into John Roberts and had a fascinating
conversation! )Now in Santa Barbara, CA, I find such scanty knowledge
of GG here that it's hard to believe.  So when I found this List, it
restored my faith.  I'm too new to have a favorite thread, but I do
have a couple of Lukas Foss/GG stories that may be apocryphal, but are
nonetheless amusing.  Some other time for those.  Was anyone else at
that 10th anniversary in September of 1992?  It was amazing.  Also, to
show you my longstanding and absolute devotion to All Things Glenn, my
2nd son was born on 9/15/72, but his due date was 9/25.  To this day I
remind him that he was due on Glenn Gould's 40th birthday, which
doesn't seem to impress him other than to confirm his suspicions that
his mother has gone round the bend.  And btw, my adoration for Glenn
began when I was in my 20's (the 1960's - a good time for Gould),
while washing dishes in my kitchen.  I didn't hear my husband come in
the front door and put a brand new record -vinyl of course - on the
turntable.  It was the Italian Concerto, and when the opening chord
was struck I was so stunned that I actually broke the glass I was
washing and cut my  hand, which was inside the glass.  I quickly
forgot my wounds and the rest of the dishes as I listened in my own
"state of wonder" to the rest of the recording.  It was worn out from
playing long before CD's arrived on the scene.  Long Live the List!
--  Anne French