RE: [F_minor] a somewhat off-topic question

Hi.  I personally do not enjoy atonal music as much as tonal music.
Having said that I also am a huge fan of Gesualdo, a composer who
excelled in placing acidic sounding, tonally crunchy collisions where
you get a huge bang up and all you can hear is atonal sounds.  In his
music, I love it.  In much of the medieval music where atonality was
common, I love it.  In modern music, for some reason, I am not such a
big fan.  Whether it's too much atonality in jazz or modern classical,
perhaps I have not paid it enough open minded attention, but I'm not a
fan.  In short, I like my atonality within specific time periods.  (I
recall now the extraordinary animalistic opening bars of Stravinsky's
"Rite of Spring" - and it's combination of tonality and atonality within
a humable phrase.  Quite an accomplishment!!!!)

I do not have perfect pitch but I can tune my kids guitars better than
they can and I can tell which of my piano strings is out of tune.  But,
I am not sure I could say out loud that that sound over there is a B
Flat.  That's perfect pitch and I am not quite there.

Cheers,

Fred Houpt
Toronto