Re: [F_minor] Re: Cornelia Foss reveals all!!!

I'll accept your characterization of Grieg's piano works as b-level music if you accept mine of most of Mozart's piano sonatas as b-level.

I have no comment on that, but there are several Grieg arrangements of Mozart piano sonatas. They're for two pianos. Pianist 1 simply plays the Mozart sonata unchanged. Pianist 2 plays Grieg's counterpoint and souped-up harmonies, intensifying the Mozart. I think it's beautiful.

The Mozart sonatas given this treatment are K 545, 283, 457, 533/494, and the 475 fantasia in C minor. After hearing these enough times, it's hard for me to hear the plain Mozart version anymore without wishing Grieg's graffiti were there!