Re: [F_minor] Here After?

Hi Stephanie,

    Has anyone here seen the Glenn DVD "Here After".

Yes.  For myself, I thought Bruno M did a great job.  It shows some
footage previously released, some new (old) footage, various photos,
etc.  Interspersed with discussions with present-day fans, mostly at
GG-related sites in Toronto, etc.

    I have On and Off the Record

It is not a straight documentary like On and Off the Record.  I
speculate that you might be happier with Bruno's other GG films: The
Alchemist and the Bach films (the last three in the video series).
Although they are not at all "young" Glenn.

(I've also enjoyed Bruno's films on Menuhin, Richter, the "art of the
violin" retrospective, and others.  What an amazing guy.)

    I would really like to see more of him at Late Simcoe or footage of
    him during his younger years.

Perhaps not much more exists.  There is a little bit in Hereafter, but
not much.

    am I the only one who detests the characterization of Glenn in "32
    Short Films about GG"?

You are not alone -- Kevin Bazzanna, the current editor of GlennGould
magazine, hated it too.  Others have expressed similar sentiments.

(Personally, I loved it, and doubt I would ever have discovered GG
without it.  I thought he was plenty goofy in it. :)

No clue on the photos.  Good luck.

All the best,
Karl