Re: [F_minor] Happy Birthday, Mr. G

Matthew Harding said:

OK sure, if you really need to listen to it, it's going to be streaming live from your Studio today at noon Eastern Standard Time (http://www.cbc.ca/listen/index.html). To tell you the truth, it might be fun... but don't expect me to applaud, even after all this time.

<snip>

I showed up on-line at noon, too because I thought the broadcast would be live. I got confused by the "live streaming audio" part of the announcement. Evidently there is nothing live about the streaming-- not Bach, not GG, not the actual "re-performance." Live means, I surmise, that it is playing on Radio 2 at the same time as it is streamed to the internet. Now that's not really live at all is it? Where does that leave the copy of the stream of the taping of the re-performance that I will make tonight? Highly degraded audio is about all I can be sure of ;-) .

The concert is scheduled to stream this PM EST:

The CBC's radio taping is at noon on Monday, September 25, 2006. Its
producer is Eitan Cornfield<http://www.musicalpointers.co.uk/reviews/cddvd/schafer_papineaucouture.html>,
respected for his high-quality radio documentaries. We were introduced to
Eitan by Lorne Tulk, Gould's longtime friend and producer. The concert will
be broadcast by CBC Radio Two at 8:00pm Eastern time. You can hear it in
live streaming audio at http://www.cbc.ca/listen/index.html.